Access Appraisals Ltd.
Guide to Accessible and Responsive Street Furniture
The guide offers lots of helpful information such as:
An overview of how good street furniture design and public infrastructure planning, as well as careful consideration of accessibility needs, can significantly improve the lives of people with disabilities.
Important facts and figures about disability and accessibility. Did you know that, of the most common disabilities in the UK, 52% are related to mobility, 38% to stamina, breathing and fatigue, and 27% to dexterity?
Insights into laws such as the Equality Act of 2010 and recent developments in accessible planning from both the public and private sector. (e.g.: In 2017, the city of Chester got first prize in the European Access City Award for going beyond the legal requirements for accessibility, particularly for their historic city walls.)
Other useful resources, best practices, and sources of information to find out more about inclusivity in town planning, accessibility, and street furniture for the disabled. Read the full guide here – Guide to Accessible and Responsive Street Furniture
What are the most common disabilities in the UK?
52% are related to mobility, 38% to stamina, breathing and fatigue, and 27% to dexterity?.
Which city received first prize in the European Access City Award in 2017?
Chester got first prize in the 2017 European Access City Award for going beyond the legal requirements for accessibility
Who published the Guide to Accessible and Responsive Street Furniture?
Kingswood Structures of Harlow.
What is the definition of Town Planning in the Oxford Dictionary?
The Oxford Dictionary states: Town planning is the planning and control of construction, growth, and development of a town or other urban area.
- An Alternative to Fibreglass Wheelchair Ramps
- Wheelchair Ramp for Hospital Discharge
- How do you make a Coronavirus Mask?
- Wheelchair Ramp Hire
- Temporary Wheelchair Ramps
- Building Regulations for Wheelchair Ramps
- Head and Neck Cancer Blog
- Guide to Accessible and Responsive Street Furniture
- Wheelchair Ramps FAQs Guidance on wheelchair ramps in the UK
- Contact Electoral Registration Office Inaccessible Polling Station
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Polling Stations
- My Polling Station Isn’t Accessible – What Can I Do?
- Wheelchair Ramps For Small Business and The Service Sector
- How to Work Out Length of Ramp Required
- Portable Wheelchair Ramps for Steps
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Guest Houses
- Free Advice on Wheelchair Ramps
- Length of ramp required to comply with UK Building Regulations
- How to Make a Coronavirus Mask
- High Street Shops and Wheelchair Ramps
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Shops
- Wheelchair Ramps by County
- Portable Wheelchair Ramps
- Who is Replacing Rachel Riley on Countdown
- UK Disability Directory
- Heavy Duty Portable Wheelchair Ramps
- Demonstrating A Modular Wheelchair Ramp System
- Lightest Wheelchair Ramps
- Telescopic Wheelchair Ramps
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Fire Exits and Egress Routes
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Restaurants, Cafés, etc.
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Stages
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Churches
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Village Halls
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Pubs and Clubs
- Wheelchair Ramp Gradient Calculator
- Recommended gradient for wheelchair ramps UK
- Official Guidelines on Portable Wheelchair Ramps
- Portable Platform and Ramps
- UK Disability Directory