Access Appraisals Ltd.
Best Wheelchair Ramps for Churches
Let’s face it, most churches weren’t built with wheelchair users in mind.
Also, most churches are historic buildings where installing modern permanent ramps isn’t really an option.
We are often approached by Church wardens and PPC’s asking for advice on portable wheelchair ramps for churches which can be put down before a service.
The problem with this is that most portable ramps like the Aerolight Extra for example are put down as and when needed but simply rest on the top step.
This is perfectly safe, provided it is set up correct in the 1st place, monitored and removed again when not in use.
The problem with ramps for churches is that they are ideally set up and then left set up for a few hours, again, this is perfectly safe if monitored, but if the ramp receives a lot of traffic or is knocked and nobody notices, it could drop off the step as someone is using it.
The answer to this problem is to either always have someone monitoring the ramp. or if this is not possible, to use a slightly heavier ramp which has its own legs rather than having to simply rest on the top step.
The ideal ramp for this is The Perma Ramp Adjust a more sturdy portable wheelchair ramp with adjustable legs.
Due to the adjustable legs on the Perma Ramp it does not have to land on the top step but can be simply butted up against it which illiminates the risk of the ramp being knocked of the step as it is being used.
For further information on the Perma Ramp and the Perma Ramp adjust see this page Perma Ramps or contact us on 01608 663759
Mention that the wheelchair ramp is for a church and we will try to reduce the price a little.
- Black Friday Prices on Wheelchair Ramps
- Who is Replacing Rachel Riley on Countdown
- Guide to Accessible and Responsive Street Furniture
- Wheelchair Ramps FAQs Guidance on wheelchair ramps in the UK
- Contact Electoral Registration Office Inaccessible Polling Station
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Polling Stations
- My Polling Station Isn’t Accessible – What Can I Do?
- Wheelchair Ramps For Small Business and The Service Sector
- How to Work Out Length of Ramp Required
- Portable Wheelchair Ramps for Steps
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Guest Houses
- Free Advice on Wheelchair Ramps
- Length of ramp required to comply with UK Building Regulations
- High Street Shops and Wheelchair Ramps
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Shops
- Wheelchair Ramps by County
- Portable Wheelchair Ramps
- UK Disability Directory
- Heavy Duty Portable Wheelchair Ramps
- Demonstrating A Modular Wheelchair Ramp System
- Lightest Wheelchair Ramps
- Telescopic Wheelchair Ramps
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Fire Exits and Egress Routes
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Restaurants, Cafés, etc.
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Stages
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Churches
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Village Halls
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Pubs and Clubs
- Wheelchair Ramp Gradient Calculator
- Recommended gradient for wheelchair ramps UK
- Official Guidelines on Portable Wheelchair Ramps
- Portable Platform and Ramps
- UK Disability Directory
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for Cars
- Best Wheelchair Ramps for UPVC Doors
- Wheelchair Ramps for Scooters and Powerchairs
- Modular Ramps for Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair Access Ramps
- Stairlift Suppliers Directory