Call: 01608 663759 for Free Advice on Wheelchair Ramps
Wheelchair Ramps for Polling Stations
If your local polling station is not accessible to people in a wheelchair please pass on our details to whoever is responsible for the polling station.
Access Appraisals Ltd. have been supplying wheelchair ramps for over a decade now and tend to experience last minute rushes during election periods when it is discovered that polling stations are not accessible to wheelchair users.
Ask them to ensure they order nice and early this year so we can provide a wheelchair ramp for the polling station – phone: 01608 663759 or email: email@example.com
NEW Extra Wide PermaRamps – The Ideal Solution For Polling Stations
[Extract from The Electoral Commission Documentation on Polling Stations]
Level access to polling stations
• Ideally the polling station should be accessible to all voters.
• If temporary ramps are to be used at a polling station, the Presiding Officer should be informed beforehand and ideally be shown how to install them if they will not be in place before polling day.
• Ramps should be secure and stable with a low gradient. If they are not fitted properly, they can be dangerous and could cause injury to electors.
• There should be no obstructions or hazards along the route to the entrance. Any problems of this nature should be reported to the elections office immediately.
• Polling station staff should check any temporary ramps at regular intervals during the day to make sure that they have not become dislodged.
Registered in England & Wales. Company no. 04537420, VAT no. 812494925